Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Cover Reveal for Empyrean’s Fall
- Facing Your Fear
- My Brain is like Minecraft
- Empyrean, A Science Fiction Adventure, is Now Available in E-book and Paperback!
- Fairy Tale Redux: A Short Story is now Live!
- Discovery- Part 2
- Cover Reveal for Dead Ringer by Sarah Fox
- My Happiness Resolutions
- Lots of Changes, Old Max, Lots of Changes…
Tag Archives: eliminating passive voice
I tend to avoid blogging about the craft of writing. Why? First of all, I don’t consider myself qualified to give advice when I still have so much to learn. Second, there are approximately one million people already blogging about the craft of writing, and doing a far better job than I could ever hope to do. What’s my point? Well, today I’m breaking my rule. But since it’s more of a guideline than a rule, I don’t expect any serious repercussions. We shall see.
I have four total, two “polished” (they’ve been edited but will need more) manuscripts to my name now. I am no George R.R. Martin, but I have improved. Two of the most helpful tips that I can pass along are 1) when you edit, search for “was” 2) edit every first and last sentence of every chapter by itself. Continue reading