I have been nominated for One Lovely Blog Award by Margaret Alexander of The Story Addict. I met Margaret through twitter @markedforpower and she has become a friend and ally in this crazy business of writing. Thanks so much Margaret for this lovely gesture. (She’s on Facebook now too!)
- The rules of acceptance for this award nomination are as follows (I knew there was going to be a catch!):
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
I am passing the torch to (drum roll please)
Sarah L. Fox- Sarah is a dedicated writer and genuinely kind person. Every Wednesday on her blog, The Write Fox, she shares a Wippet (you’ll just have to visit to see what that is). On other days, she always finds something interesting to blog about and asks great questions. I love her style of writing and she always has something positive to say.
Joyce Hutchinson- Joyce is an artist and she can do it all! She has a beautiful website with galleries full of photography, paintings, and drawings. Her work is amazing and she is a lovely person. She is also looking for students for her art classes so check out her site and contact her!
Sally Pitman- Sally is a jeweler and photographer at SkyPixie Design. She is incredibly talented. I love her incorporation of wire in her jewelry, it is unique and beautiful. Take a look at the SkyPixie Facebook page to see what I mean. (The link on her name takes you to her photography Facebook page)
Nicua Smit- Nicua is a talented writer and inspiring blogger at Terraverum- Earth’s Truths. She always adds fantastic photographs to her blog posts that make me feel like I’m in another world.
Lorna Suzuki- Lorna kicks butt as the author of the Imago fantasy series, and as an instructor of “Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, a martial arts system incorporating six traditional samurai schools and three schools of ninjutsu” (I had to copy and paste that sentence from her site because I didn’t trust myself to get the spelling right.) She also manages to keep in touch with all of her 4,700 twitter followers whenever she’s not working on her twelfth novel!
Since I’m not sure how guys feel about receiving the Lovely Blog Award, I’ll call this next round of winners the One Cool and Masculine Blog Award.
Rashad Pharaon- Rashad writes beautifully descriptive and engaging stories about his travels all around the world. You can read about them on his blog The Traveling Bedouin. I love reading his tales of growing up in Switzerland, safaris in Africa, and trips to the Middle East. He’s been everywhere, and writes in such a way that you feel as if you are there as well. He’s also on twitter @rpharaon.
Jeff Whelan- Jeff’s blog includes art, poetry, fun posts, and excerpts from his humorous YA science fiction novel Space Orville. His work is genuine and always puts a smile on my face. You can find Space Orville on Facebook and you can follow Jeff on twitter @SpaceOrville.
*None of you are obligated to participate. I promise nothing bad will happen if you break the chain :)
Now, seven things about me…
1) I love ice cream. It might be my favorite food. Chocolate chip cookie dough is my favorite flavor most days, but I won’t turn any of the others down…
2) Unless it’s strawberry. I like strawberries but I don’t like things that are strawberry flavored.
3) In person I’m pretty quiet. This might come as a surprise since every time you visit here I seem to have plenty to say, but it’s true.
4) I play the guitar.
5) I don’t sing. At least not to anyone but my four-year-old.
6) I like doing laundry, but I hate putting clothes away.
7) I didn’t study for the GRE. You know, the exam you have to take to apply for graduate school. I thought it was ludicrous that four years of undergraduate work wasn’t evidence enough of my abilities (and I’m normally a BIG rule follower). Luckily I passed.
If you feel you must know more about me, here are seven additional things I shared in a previous post.
Thanks for reading and have a lovely day.